Monday, June 15, 2009

Stuff.

I slept in today. I didn't intend to. I woke up to my backup alarm at 6:30 (I usually can wake up a few minutes before my itunes alarm at 6:00), I hit the snooze button, and then I woke up again at 8:00. This has happened a couple of times in the last week. I think my body is basically forcing me to get enough sleep. On all occasions I had stayed up until about 1 or 2, and that just wasn't going to work. Kinda funny how the body will over ride all of your own intentions if it knows better. Anyway, it meant I was kind of in a rush today to get my food together, and had to put off the workout until the evening. I'm still not sure if I like working out in the morning or after work better.

Also, today I bought two things for my PCP, a pull up bar (to be installed tomorrow) and an ipod shuffle. As the jump rope counts get higher and higher I find myself wanting to be able to listen to podcasts or music. However my workout shorts have no pockets, and I hate the silly armbands I would have to get for my ipod touch. So, I bought a shuffle today to just clip on the bottom of my t-shirt. It'll be great when I bike around town and stuff too actually. Plus, hey, new gadget!

4 comments:

  1. haha. I never realized I wanted an iPod shuffle until just now.

    Rock on, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then I will shamelessly plug my workplace www.smalldog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing I don't get about Shuffles is how you choose the song/podcast you want. Do you just have to keep like only 10 things on there and cycle through them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment I just have all tracks of one audiobook on there. So I just play a little bit more each time I workout (it can play in non shuffle mode). Otherwise, you just put a playlist on there and let it play in order or at random. It's basically like back in the old days of using a cd player, but with like, a broken display.

    The new ones have voiceover that will tell you what song/artist you are listening too. But I didn't get that one.

    ReplyDelete