Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hungry again and weird elbow bumps.

The beginning of this week the exercises were definitely a challenge. Today though, man did I feel the burn. A fair number of the exercises I couldn't get more than the minimum number of reps on all but the first set. Totally intense, but man did I feel like a badass at the end of it.

Switching to the real pushups made me notice something interesting. During college, I dislocated my elbow. For a good long while I couldn't fully extend it, but now I just can't lock it. That and it healed with some extra bone on the outside of the joint end of my lower arm. A few weeks ago I gave it a good solid bump and noticed a visible bump that I couldn't decide if it was new or not, but it was slightly moveable. Well, doing the full pushups, my arms kind of naturally rotate a little bit, and when they do, that bump catches and then pops back into the join. Not painful, but holy crap does it feel odd. If I focus and don't let my arms rotate so much, it doesn't do that. Also, all of this means that my left elbow tends to stiffen up a lot quicker than my right during the exercises.

A week ago, my diet seemed insanely huge. Today, my dinner of lean steak, baked potato, and steamed zuccini left me still wanting more. I guess that means my metabolism is getting suitably ramped up. It's hard to find time at work to get my morning and afternoon snacks in though, since I only get one half hour lunch break. On the days I get up super early and get my workout done in the morning I just eat my snack when I get to work, and eat the other before I head home. Other days though, I have to kind of grab bites of it here and there. I've started keeping a bottle of that Kefir drinkable yogurt stuff so I can get my yogurt portion quickly, and I'm pretty good at sucking down a hard boiled egg in under a minute. Still, bits and bites over the course of the morning seems to be the way to do it.

This post is kind of rambly now, so I'll sign off for now. But yeah, rock on everyone! Feel the burn!

2 comments:

  1. Good work man all of this sounds great. Learning to move your arm without the elbow pop will also benefit you later on as the joint ages and you know what sets it off and how to protect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get you dudes playing Street Fighter 4...

    Seabass, read my post How to Eat 5 Eggs A Day for ideas

    http://peakconditionproject.blogspot.com/2008/06/day-77-how-to-eat-5-egg-whites-day.html

    ReplyDelete