Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My lunch is enormous!

Lunch blows me away with how large it is. Yesterday I got caught out shopping and (I must confess) purchased a veggie wrap at the local sandwich shop. I ate half out and the other half when I got home. Upon weighing the remaining half it seems to me that the whole thing was about right, if mostly a rough estimate.

Today however I set about making my own sandwich. In case you hadn't guessed, sandwiches are kind of my staple lunch. You just can't fuck em up. Anyway, I weighed out my ingredients and realized I would have to make two sliced bread sandwiches to fit it all in. Two!

This is my half way completed lunch. Jebus that's a lot of food. It would certainly look like less if it were in the form of, say, a single foot long sub. I'm going to have to invest in some grinder rolls for my sandwiches I think.

Part of my shopping excursion yesterday was to buy a new bathroom scale, also. I was most surprised to find that post workout I was registering a mere 137lbs. That's 10 lbs lighter than what I was getting on the scale at work. Granted I was fully clothed, but I did subtract about 6 or 7 lbs to take that into account. So, either I radically underestimate the amount of clothing I wear... or I have already shed between 6-10 lbs already. I have no idea where that weight would have come from if I have lost it, but there you go. I asked Patrick if this should change my suggested diet at all. I'll find out when he wakes up I'm sure. Gotta wait for Japan time.


2 comments:

  1. You probably lost 3-4 pounds, plus the clothes, plus a difference in scales. Nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to worry about... except the intimidating pile of food that sits on my plate at lunch.

    ReplyDelete