Friday, June 12, 2009

Slog, slog, slog.

Wow, Patrick's email last night was spot on. Definitely hit a low point this morning. Well, it sort of started yesterday. I decided not to do my jump ropes in the morning yesterday. Just couldn't bring myself to get out there and do it. So I did the strength stuff and called it good. Before I knew it it was 11:30 and I still hadn't jumped. So I got out there in the rain and pounded out my 650.

This morning, woke up with a bit of a headache and really didn't want to do anything. But I did the mule thing, kept my head down, and got it done. Everything was just a little off today. First 100 jumps were fine but after that I had trouble getting through more than 20 without tripping up. It's amazing how lack of motivation can really effect your performance like that. I'd been getting good enough to get through as many as 200 without error.

Still, between Patrick's email, and reading everyone's posts, I'm able to keep pushing through. I'm already noticing some changes. Meals still look like a lot of food, but I am finding that I am hungry again by the next one now. It's a lot of food, but clearly I am using it. Also, talking to people about it helps a lot. Most of my friends just seem sort of amused that I am doing this to myself, but a couple seem genuinely intrigued and seem to be motivated to resume/continue their own fitness efforts as a result. That makes it easier to keep going.

2 comments:

  1. You'll be amazed by how hungry you will be despite eating 6 big meals a day. It only gets hungrier from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually already starting to find that by the time the next meal rolls around I'm starting to feel the hunger. Today I was feeling full blown hunger by the time dinner came, not just the "meh, I could eat" feeling.

    ReplyDelete