Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 1 in the bag

Whew, even though there's not a whole lot of pressure yet, just the declaration of "Day 1" really put me in a whole different mental place. I was just very much aware of how my physical self felt all day.

I tend not to eat a lot in one go anyway, so the idea of eating half of "not a lot" was kind of unnerving. I rarely eat a whole plate of food when I eat out anyway, so mostly today I made a conscious effort to eat a portion of what I would eat to feel full. In this way I just ate until I was "not painfully hungry." Which is kind of what I usually do, just more frequently than I did today. Maintaining a baseline feeling of mild hunger has really brought me to a very mindful physical state. I look forward to seeing how this progresses as mindfulness has been a huge part of my life since I came back from Peace Corps last year.

The exercises today were tough, but doable. Very similar to the sort of workouts I started doing in Peace Corps, minus the jump rope. Coupled with my daily uphill both ways bike ride to work, and the yoga I did yesterday, I feel pretty pumped. Hope that feeling keeps up.

Well, time to post a pick and make some dinner, I'll try to write a post tomorrow covering some of my reasons for doing this project. G'night all.

1 comment:

  1. Let those endorphins fly Sebastian! I think the PCP will help you get in tune with your body like never before. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete