Wednesday, June 10, 2009

On being full.

I've only been awake for about 3 hours and I feel like I'm already being forced to think about my next food intake (morning snack). With a 3 meal + 3 snack meal plan, I basically am eating roughly every 2-3 hours. This is not unusual to me, as I normally start to feel hungry about 3 hours after a meal. But I'm eating so much with each meal that really, I don't feel hungry by the time the next rolls around. It's like the meals are just frequent enough that my usual snacking out of habit (as opposed to out of hunger) is preempted. I'm all ready eating by the time my body gets bored and decides I should eat for the hell of it.

That said, I don't feel gorged or anything. I don't have that Thanksgiving "please god no more food" feeling. I don't feel sluggish, or lethargic. If anything I would describe how I feel as just "dense." I feel solid. Between the muscle building exercises and a pretty full diet, I feel like there's a lot of quality in the space that I occupy.

5 comments:

  1. As your metabolism ramps up that solid feeling will be replaced by a light "i've got wings" feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get really sluggish after lunch, which I don't like. It makes me want to nap. I hope this will go away too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nap if you can!

    It will, mine just started to today. Mon and Tuesday I felt awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, dude, naps are good. Just set an alarm for 45 minutes and when you wake up you should feel energetic.

    Well, I feel like I got hit by a truck after taking naps, but what I've read about naps says that you're supposed to feel energized after short naps, so make of that what you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over the last couple of years I've learned to reliably take 20min naps without an alarm. When I wake up there's a strong urge to roll over and go to sleep for real, but if I resist and get up, I feel amazing after about 5 min.

    ReplyDelete