Saturday, August 29, 2009

Surprising thoughts at the end.

So, while I myself have had nothing planned for this moment, it happens to coincided with a friends birthday. So I will be going to partake of tasty beverages and some probably unhealthy snacks. Also, it will be a party like the ones I haven't been to since pre PCP.

Here's the thing I've noticed. In anticipating this evening's festivities, a thought has entered my mind a few times that goes, literally: "I'm going to go to a bar and pay money to ingest poison, too much of which, will make me hate tomorrow. Man that seems dumb and no fun." This surprised me and is not at all how I used to think of alcohol. My mouth is still watering at the thought of a beer or a glass of bourbon, but the thought of being drunk is maybe the least appetizing thing imaginable right now.

Should be fun to see how the evening goes.

4 comments:

  1. These mental changes are much more important than six-packs and biceps. Good work dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 3 drinks and felt pretty tipsy. I woke up with a very slight hangover type headache. I hated every second of both. New personal 2 drink maximum I think.

    ReplyDelete