Sunday, August 23, 2009

My energee is chemical free!

Today was a tax free holiday in Vermont. That is to say, today no one was charged sales tax on any item under $2000. I work at a computer store. We have a lot of items that come really close to $2000. In short, it was a really long day. We took pre-orders all week (we had a stack thicker than a Harry Potter novel), and extended our hours to be open from 8am-10pm.

Why am I telling you this? Because I was surprised to realize towards the end of my 12-10 shift (10hrs for those keeping track) that while my coworkers were sucking down Redbull or coffee all day, I had not a drop of anything but water. I had some coffee around 9am after my workout, but that was it. And you know what, I felt like I was way less tired than all my coworkers looked. Also, despite the free pizza provided by my bosses, I stuck to my eggs, chicken, and veggies. I found that by the end of the shift, I even felt energized for my bike ride home. To the point where I took the longer way home with a couple more ups and downs...just for fun. No artificial chemical energy for me!

Also, I couldn't not take part in the madness. I may have bought myself a shiny new 13inch macbook pro. It is sexy.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome story man. Looks like you guys are getting the promised energy boost! Go cheer up Mike over in PCP Indigo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, I hear you. I don't work long shifts, but I never used to have energy at the end of them. Now I find that I have a ton of energy at the end.

    ReplyDelete