Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Amusing.

I found a piece of spam in my inbox today that started off like this:

"Dear Sebastian,

....if you want to lose weight (whether it's a lot or a little),
this is something I really think you ought to look into."

I had to laugh, as obviously it's gonna miss the mark with me. Continuing on:

"...That's because instead of relying on magic or super-human feats of willpower, this actually makes it easy for you to make the right food choices and get motivated to exercise.

So what is this tool?

It's clinical hypnosis in the form of a 4-CD set created
by a major league psychologist, Dr. Roberta Temes."

Man did this crack me up. The lengths people will go to to get "easy" results amazes me sometimes. Not that I don't think hypnosis has it's place as a valid practice, but I think I'll stick with my "superhuman feats of willpower" and hard work.

5 comments:

  1. Superhuman feats of willpower is just another way of saying not having a plan. When you set up a system, willpower has only a very small part to do with it.

    What's sad is that a few hundred people will probably be in such a low and desperate place when that email arrives that they'll go ahead and order it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, if it's one thing I've learned from the PCP it's that if it's easy you likely won't get anything worthwhile out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, everything worthwhile needs to be worked for, end of story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Yeah, I've seen your PCP pose: Jesus throwing a fireball. Heh.

    ReplyDelete